Sunday 27 November 2016

Musician absolutely nails a live covering of the 'Stranger Things' theme song

A 'Stranger Things' cover by an Australian musician is pretty impressive.

The '80s allure of Stranger Things is hard to resist, not least of all because of its synth-heavy theme song.

The soundtrack written by Austin synth band Survive is releasing soon, but in the meantime the internet has been enjoying this live cover of the show's title track, by Australian producer Luke Million.

Million is behind a glut of '80s inspired tunes, such as the bodybuilding banger "Arnold." So no surprise that he's gone and covered the Stranger Things theme, in a video amassing millions of views on Facebook since it was published a few days ago.

"I watched the series and was totally digging it, I love the whole '80s nostalgia sci-fi vibe, and the music was awesome, it reminded me of stuff like John Carpenter ... those '80s films like Big Trouble in Little China, Escape From New York, and I was thinking to myself, if I set up enough synthesisers, I could play the theme music for that completely live," Million told triple j.

Who knew you'd need this many keyboards to be able to jam to the song. Watch and learn.

Pretty impressive, right? Well, Million's also recorded an extended version for your listening pleasure, uploaded Wednesday.

"Totally overwhelmed by the support for my Stranger Things video. After loads of requests, I put together this extended version for you," he wrote in a Facebook post. The best part of the cover is that it's still creepy as ever.

Read more:

No comments:

Post a Comment